C2CPII Standards Steering Committee call for members
A voluntary, standing committee of the Institute's Board of Directors, the Standards Steering Committee guides development of the Cradle to Cradle Certified® Product Standard, widely recognized as the leading multi-attribute standard used globally across industries for designing and making products that enable a healthy, equitable and sustainable future.
Standards Steering Committee member candidates must possess technical and/or subject matter expertise in one or more of the standard's five performance categories:
- Material Health – Assessment of chemicals and materials in products to protect human health and the environment.
- Product Circularity – Optimization of materials to support active cycling of a product in its intended cycling pathway(s), including circular sourcing (cycled or renewable content) and circular design (material compatibility for the intended next use).
- Clean Air & Climate Protection – Optimization of product manufacturing to support a positive impact on air quality, the renewable energy supply, and the balance of climate changing greenhouse gases.
- Water & Soil Stewardship – Optimization of product manufacturing to protect watersheds and soil ecosystems and ensure clean water and healthy soils are available to people and all other organisms.
- Social Fairness – Optimization of product manufacturing to uphold human rights and apply fair and equitable business practices.
Apply online by Sunday 15 October 2023.
Who should apply?
Ideal candidates for the Standards Steering Committee are senior sustainability, circularity, and/or social compliance professionals and leaders in their field invested in the broad acceptance and wide adoption of Cradle to Cradle Certified in the global marketplace.
Standards Steering Committee members may include Cradle to Cradle Certified certification holders, consultants, representatives of government or multilateral agencies, environmental or social compliance organizations, standards development organizations, academia, or related entities.
Ideal candidates for the Standards Steering Committee are also familiar with the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard and have broad, practical experience and technical insights in the application of one or more of the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard performance categories in their work.
Terms of Service
Standards Steering Committee membership is voluntary.
Members must commit to quarterly calls (two hours per call), special calls as needed (typically not more than 1-2 per year), and offline review and comments on technical proposals for changes or updates to the standard requirements.
The immediate term for newly appointed Standards Steering Committee members will run from 1 January 2024 to 31 December 2025.