Yarn & Fiber
Record-setting Yarn Expo Spring opens next week
435 exhibitors and 22,000 trade buyers expected at the three-day fair
Highlights of Yarn Expo Spring 2018
- Synthetic & specialty yarns: suppliers from Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam as well as leading Chinese companies will showcase their innovative products such as fancy, metallic and stretch yarns.
- Fancy yarns: an enlarged Fancy Yarn Zone features a number of well-known domestic enterprises with the latest innovations.
- Natural yarns & fibres: the India and Pakistan Zones, exhibitors from Uzbekistan and Chinese suppliers in the Natural Cotton Zone present a wide selection of high-quality cotton yarns, while the Quality Wool Zone will include domestic wool products.
- Colourful Chemical Fibre and Green Linen Zones: apart from the three aforementioned domestic zones, these remaining two areas offer innovative and eco-friendly sourcing options.
- Birla Planet pavilion: while the company will showcase key product lines Birla Modal and Birla Spunshades, a number of its partner companies will demonstrate the application of Birla’s products.
- Sateri Pavilion: the largest producer of viscose fibre in China, the pavilion will feature local mills showcasing skin-friendly hygiene options made from Sateri’s products.
- Fringe programme: a fashion show, Trend Area and a series of seminars will reveal the latest market trends and insights.
New exhibitor highlights
- HJ Lite (Korea): they produce retro reflective yarn for weaving, knitting, sewing and more. Rather than applying reflective tape on safety wear, for example, manufacturers can apply this yarn into their fabric. During the day, the reflective yarn appears as a decoration, and at night reflects light as a safety function.
- Kongkiat Textile (Thailand): specialising in melange and fancy yarns, their products are 100% organic and are produced in an eco-friendly production process where nearly all waste water is reused.
- PT Daliatex Kusuma (Indonesia): they will showcase MVS viscose, PV, polyester, nylon mono and mono multi filaments at the fair. The company claims their mono multifilaments are superior to others on the market due to the fact they are easier to warp.
Together with Yarn Expo Spring 2018, four other trade fairs are held concurrently from 14 – 16 March in the same venue covering the whole textile industry from yarns to fashion: Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Spring Edition, Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Spring Edition, PH Value and the China International Fashion Fair (CHIC). Yarn Expo Spring is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd and The Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT.