Yarn & Fiber
Teijin develops new sweat-suit fabric
Bulky, light and extra-soft 4-dimentional bulky DELTAPEAK will be released in time for 2018 autumn / winter collections, mainly for sports apparel. Annual sales are expected to rise to 500,000 meters by the fiscal year ending in March 2019.
New sweat-suit fabric is the latest addition to the Teijin Frontier’s DELTAPEAK series which enables a highly integrated combination of physicality, functionality and quality. It offers a superior combination of look, feel, high-cushioning and high-elasticity. It is expected to meet demands for casual, functional synthetic materials substituting for cotton in a wide variety of applications.
Going forward, Teijin Frontier expects to combine this new fabric with other multifunctional materials for sportswear, fashionwear, uniforms and additional applications.
Main features of new line of DELTAPEAK®
- Bulkiness: Lightweight and thick
- Look and feel: Soft touch and luxurious appearance
- High resilience: High cushioning, resiliency and elasticity for comfort
- Low drape: Beautiful shape
- Absorbent and quick-drying: Due to different densities of surface and middle layers
Pic: Surface view