Research Associate Program 2018
- Theme: Best Production Practices for Yield Enhancement
- Dates: 10-20 September 2018
- Language: English
- Place: ICAC Secretariat, Washington DC, USA
- Visits: USDA; Cotton Incorporated & cotton farms
- Last Date: March 30, 2018
Applications are invited from candidates belonging to government agencies, universities or the private sector to attend the Program. Application format is provided below. Candidates must apply only through the Coordinating Agencies or respective delegates to the Standing Committee of the ICAC. The list of Coordinating Agencies and delegates is available at https://www.icac.org/about/member-governments.
Applications should be received by the Secretariat on or before March 30, 2018 via email at email@example.com The Standing Committee will select 12 Research Associates from different ICAC members at the meeting to be held in April 2018, in order to allow time to apply for visas and to make travel arrangements. In the selection process preference will be given to candidates from members who have not participated recently in a research associate program on a first come first serve basis.
The Research Associate Program will be conducted in Washington DC with presentations on the latest technological advances in cotton research and visits to USDA offices and nearby cotton farms. The research associates will also make a brief presentation on cotton developments in their respective countries.
Research associates, or their sponsoring institutions, are responsible for the cost of travel to and from Washington, DC. The ICAC will cover the cost of local travel, lodging and per diem expenses in the USA (US$50/day for 10 days). Candidates from non-member states are welcome to participate in the Research Associate Program on a tuition fee basis of US$4,000/participant.
- Name of the candidate
- Academic qualifications
- Institution / Organization
- Career background (About 50 words)
- Work description (About 50 words)
- Research interests (About 50 words)
- Signature of the candidate
- Recommendation by the Delegate of the Standing Committee ICAC / Coordinating Agency