Nonwovens / Technical Textiles
INDA names finalists for IDEA16 Achievement Awards
The awards recognize the brightest innovations from the leading companies, individuals, and new products in the nonwovens and engineered fabrics industry. Winners will be announced and honored at IDEA16, the World’s Preeminent Event for Nonwovens & Engineered Fabrics, May 2-5, at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC) in Boston, Mass.
INDA’s Technical Advisory Board has selected the finalists. Industry professionals can now select their top choices in each category on the magazine’s website.
Finalists range from a new patterning process to form special and unique artwork within flushable wipes substrates, and a laminate that passes the highest level of protection against viruses in the surgical gown and protective apparel industry to a fluff pulp made of 100 percent highly sustainable Eucalyptus planted and harvested in Brazil.
Full details on each of the finalists are available on the Nonwovens Industry website. Votes will be accepted until April 1.
IDEA16, the world’s preeminent event for nonwovens and engineered fabrics, is expected to attract more than 7,000 attendees and over 450 exhibitors from 70-plus countries. For more information on attending and exhibiting, visit www.idea16.com.
The finalists are:
IDEA16 Equipment Achievement Award – Best new equipment introduction
- Andritz: Flushable Substrate Patterning Process
- ITW Dynatec: Ultra Strand Coating System
- TECHNOplants s.r.l.: MULTIline Pre-Card
IDEA16 Roll Goods Achievement Award – Best new roll goods introduction
- AVINTIV/PGI: AAMI 4 Laminate
- Freudenberg: Evolon 3D
- Jacob Holm: Softlite™ lightweight nonwovens
IDEA16 Raw Material Achievement Award – Best new fiber/raw material introduction
- BASF: Saviva™ SAP Technology
- Kelheim Fibres: Viloft® Short-Cut (cellulosic short-cut fiber for flushables)
- Suzano Pulp and Paper: EucaFluff fluff Pulp
IDEA16 Short-Life Product Achievement Award – Best new disposable product utilizing engineered fabrics
- Chicopee: DuraDry®
- McAirlaid’s: X-Top® Pouch for Men
- WipeMeWorld: WipeMe® flushable wipe on a roll
IDEA16 Long-Life Product Achievement Award – Best new durable product utilizing engineered fabrics
- Impossible Objects, LLC: CBAM 3D printed pieces
- TiGUARD: Vibrance® Nonwoven-Membrane Carpet Backing
- UltraTech International: Evershield® Durable Omni Repellant formula