Nonwovens / Technical Textiles
Nonwovens for High-performance Applications conference calls for papers
Organised by International Newsletters Ltd, this conference is a unique meeting designed to inform delegates about the latest technical developments and opportunities offered from technical nonwovens including markets, materials and manufacturing techniques. The global nonwovens industry is thriving, primarily because new applications for these highly adaptable engineered materials continue to be found.
The core of the programme will be presentations by invited industry leaders, but in order to give an opportunity for anyone with exciting and relevant ideas to present to the high-level international audience, we are seeking papers relating to topics, especially those that are commercial or near-commercial, such as:
- high-performance applications for nonwovens including automotive, filtration, composites, electronics and sensors, smart fabrics and patches, medical, construction, acoustic and thermal insulation, civil engineering and geotextiles, performance apparel, military, safety and protection, energy generation and storage, and substrates for digital printing and signage;
- disruptive technologies, and the impact of digitization and Industry 4.0;
- innovative materials such as polymers, fibres/nanofibres, novel nonwoven structures, and fabric treatments and the addition of functionality via post-fabrication processing;
- unique opportunities created by the use of natural, recycled and bio-sourced materials, and the drive towards the conservation of energy and resources;
- business strategies (including case studies) and market data relating to high-performance applications of nonwovens.
Acceptance of papers will be based on abstracts of a maximum of 500 words. Submissions should also include the name, professional affiliation, telephone number, email address and mailing address of the person to whom correspondence should be directed. Only one speaker per presentation will be allowed, though co-authors may be listed. The speaker should be clearly indicated.
Accepted speakers will be allocated 20-25 minutes in the programme. The organizers will not provide expenses or fees, but speakers accepted via the call for papers will receive a 50% discount on the regular registration fee.
Submissions should be made by email to Nick Butler, Conference Committee, as soon as possible and abstracts received after 23 February 2018 cannot be considered.
For questions, please contact:
Nick Butler, Conference Committee; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The venue hotel is the 4-star Hotel Novotel Cannes Montfleury in the heart of the French Riviera, on 10-11 October 2018. Ideally located just a 10 minute walk from the Promenade de la Croisette, the hotel has an underground secured car park and a wellness centre free of charge to guests. Nice International airport is 30km from the conference venue.
For further information on NHPA2018, and to purchase the presentations from the first three conferences (2014, 2015 and 2017), please visit the conference website at http://www.technical-textiles.online/NHPA