Nonwovens / Technical Textiles
EDANA is recruiting a Sustainability & External Relations Director
In order to address the industry’s needs and to improve the service and benefits to member companies, EDANA is recruiting a SUSTAINABILITY AND EXTERNAL RELATIONS DIRECTOR who should have a relevant industry, governmental and/or association experience, preferably in a European environment.
The Sustainability and External Relations Director will be responsible for managing the association’s sustainability, EU public affairs and stakeholder relation activities. To this end, the successful candidate will be:
- Promoting the understanding of the value an»d benefits of nonwovens and related products, in particular within the framework of EDANA’s Sustainability Charter and sustainability strategy;
- Shaping EDANA’s sustainability strategy in coordination with the management, the Board of Governors and the member companies;
- Leading and coordinating projects and information with a network of member companies through Steering and Working Groups and organising and managing relevant member workshops, meetings and expert panels;
- Monitoring relevant sources of information, assessing potential impact on industry and guiding members;
- Acting as a coordinator between the association and external consultants in projects such as impact assessment studies and position papers, as well as the dissemination thereof;
- Coordinating advocacy efforts with the industry and partner associations.
The Sustainability and External Relations Director will report to the General Manager and will work with an international, dynamic and multi-disciplinary team including Regulatory, Technical and Marketing/Communications experts.
For this position, applicants should be able to demonstrate at least 7 years of successful relevant work experience, as well as:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, business administration or law, or a relevant scientific background;
- Excellent knowledge of the environmental legislation and sustainability policies and debates, and good understanding of the EU legislative framework and decision-making process;
- Experience in an international environment, ideally in a position including stakeholder relations;
- Excellent written, oral presentation and disseminating skills in English. Knowledge of at least one other EU language is a must.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences;
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative as well as within the dynamic EDANA team.
The position is based in Brussels (Belgium).
EDANA offers an attractive remuneration package, including fringe benefits.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter exclusively by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org