Nonwovens / Technical Textiles
RISE® 2017 announces expanded program
Detailed conference registration, program information is available on www.inda.org/events/rise17 – organized by INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry.
The expanded innovative program agenda explores: The future of Manufacturing, Moisture Management, Nonwoven Structures, Inventing the Future, Advanced Materials Performance, Wetlaid Nonwovens, Technology and Money, Advanced Biomaterials, Advanced Machinery, Industry updates in Nonwoven Market Changes, and Government Affairs.
“The RISE® Conference embraces INDA’s mission to stimulate, and recognize innovation. Without doubt there will be occasions in the program when like-minded, forward-thinking technology professionals have a collectively “Ahaa” moment as the potential impact of a new approach to a material science challenge is revealed. For Technology Scouts and New Product Innovators this will truly be an event not to be missed,” says Dave Rousse, INDA’s President.
A sampling of speaker presentations include:
- Bernd Kunze, Ph.D., Rethinking, Developing and Implementing New Products – Reifenhäuser Group
- Michael Gallaher, Ph.D., Modeling Economic Impacts of New Industrial Technologies –Research Triangle Institute
- Yoel Fink, Ph.D., Realizing Moore’s Law for Fibers – Advanced Functional Fabrics of America (AFFOA)
- Behnam Pourdeyhimi, Ph.D., The Future of Nonwovens – The Nonwovens Institute
- Christian Lenges, Ph.D., Enzymatic Polymerization: PolySaccharides & Engineered Fabrics Applications – DuPont Industrial BioScience
- Ayyoub Momen, Ph.D., Drying Webs by Mechanical Vibration, Not Heat – Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Viraj Shah, Novel PE for Spunblown Applications –The Dow Chemical Company
- Chris Nelson, Evolving Lightweight Materials and How to Run Them – Curt G. Joa, Inc.
- Hardy Sullivan, Moisture Management Using New Surface Modification Technologies – Crypton Inc.
- Sharon Belenzon, Ph.D., Declining Science in Corporate R&D – The Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
- Michael Walden, Ph.D, Economic Trends & Disruptors – North Carolina State University
- Doug Brown, Recovering Heat with Polypropylene Spun-blown® Fibers – Biax-Fiberfilm Corporation
- Keith Osteen, Trends in Three-Dimensional Nonwovens – Smith, Johnson & Associates
- Aman Kulshrestha, Ph.D., and Tim Vanyo, PLA Fibers Sustainable Innovations – NatureWorks LLC
- Ping Hao, Advanced Elastomerics Superior Stretch and Recovery – Uniquetex LLC
- Alexander Koukoulas, Renewable Fibers and Potential Impacts on Nonwovens – A2K Consultants
- Arsheen Allam, Desalination with Reduced Graphene Oxide Based Membranes – GO Leaf
- Anke Domaske, The Most Innovative Combination in the Nonwoven Market – QMILK GmbH
- Uwe Peregi, Bonding of Lightweight Nonwovens – Herrmann Ultrasonics
- Jessica Franken, Government Affairs Update –INDA
- Brad Kalil, Market Dynamics and Trends Driving Nonwovens Innovation – INDA