EDANA announces nominees for the INDEX14 Awards
EDANA’s INDEX™ 14 Awards are the highest accolade for the best examples of excellence in our industry and highlight some of the innovations from businesses of all sizes, and from all parts of the nonwovens supply chain, and an overwhelming number of applications were received by the deadline.
The INDEX 14 awards jury, which was comprised of an official from the European Commission, a former senior nonwovens company business development and marketing manager, a representative of the nonwovens industry trade press, and top academic nonwovens R&D experts, met in February in order to select the nominees, and to choose, from this group, the winner in each of the 7 Awards categories, which will remain undisclosed until the 8th April Awards Ceremony.
In order to be considered, companies could submit only one application per category, and products must have been commercially available from the 31st January 2014. Additionally, products or campaigns must not have been commercially launched before April 2011.
Over four days the exhibition will bring together all the players in the nonwovens industry from raw material producers to manufacturers, finishers to converters, to environmental protection, measuring and testing equipment manufacturers, to trade associations and journals. Over 13,000 visitors come to INDEX to catch a glimpse of the future of nonwovens, to see first-hand what the leading experts in the field have to offer.
- Ahlstrom - Captimax™
- Mc Airlaid Vliesstoffe - McAirlaid's FruitPads
- Sandler - Fibercomfort® tread- and waterproof roof insulation
Finished products made from, or incorporating nonwovens
- Imeco - Nocemi®- MED
- Wellman International - FIBALON®
- Achievement for the most original marketing campaign for a product made from, or incorporating nonwovens
- Lenzing - TENCEL® Skin
- Sandler - Re-designed Sandler website www.sandler.de
- Suominen Corporation - Welovewipes social media and internet platform
Innovation in a raw material (e.g. fibre, binder), of special relevance to the nonwovens industry
- CHT Beitlich - Tubiguard® RT-F
- Eastman - Eastman Cyphrex™ microfibers
Innovation in machinery of special relevance to the nonwovens industry
- Herrmann Ultraschall - HELIBOND - core former
- ITW Dynatec - Vector Surge
- Reifenhauser Reicofil - Humidifiers Spray off film device
- Trützchler - Wet laying and Spunlacing
- Ahlstrom - Ahlstrom Flow2Save™
- De Saedeleir - Biograded + 100% Biodegradable + 100% Compostable weed-erosion control Mat
- P&G - Pampers® baby wipes
- SCA - Tena Lady Pads Plus with InstaDRY™
Sustainable process or management practice
- Glatfelter Gernsbach - ABACA
- Herrmann Ultraschall - Boco Sonic Disposable Articles
- T. J. Beall Company - True Cotton
For more information about the exhibition, or to register as a visitor, please visit the dedicated INDEX14 website: www.index14.org.