Bangladesh Denim Expo unveils the first details on the forthcoming 7th edition
In Japanese “Kaizen” is the word for “continuous improvement” process, a word that has often been associated with business companies to describe activities that continuously improve in all their functions. A concept deeply rooted in the organizational strategy of Bangladesh Denim Expo, that is now approaching step by step the next major appointment with the 7th edition of what has become one of the most important denim exhibitions worldwide, showcasing current important improvements in terms of numbers and quality.
Improvements that are strategically planned around three main directions: a new up-to-date main theme, an expanded roster of exhibitors with a specific focus on Bangladesh industry, and a wider international outreach reinforcing strategic partnerships.
1) For the upcoming appointment set for 8th and 9th November 2017 in Dhaka, a new forward- thinking main theme has been set up around the concept of “Transparency”. Exploring in detail its meaning and how this issue is perceived and treated in the fashion industry, will be at the heart of the new edition with a series of actions and events that will delve into it in an unprecedented way on an expo level.
2) Moreover, the Bangladesh Denim Expo 7th edition is expected to be the most successful ever in terms of public and has already confirmed the presence of the record number of exhibitors reached in the previous one. 58 Exhibitors from all over the world have already confirmed their participation at the show; 40 of them are from foreign countries, whereas 18 are Bangladesh-based denim companies.
For this edition, in fact, a larger number of Bangladesh exhibitors will be featured in order to provide a genuine insight into the capabilities of the Bangladesh denim industry. Among them the Expo is proud to announce that the four biggest denim garments manufacturers of Bangladesh in terms of export volume have joined the fair for the November edition: Pacific Jeans, Ananta, Bitopi and Dekko.
These four brands are also among the front-runners in Bangladesh’s denim market for what concerns innovation and adoption of sustainable practices.
- Pacific Jeans Group is regarded as one of the pioneering company to upload Bangladesh as a premium apparel manufacturer in the global marketplace & awarded as top exporter of Bangladesh for five consecutive years. It is one of the leading premium jeans manufacturers, employing 26,000 people, producing 36 million jeans every year & exporting to over 25 countries.
- Ananta Group manufactures diversified products including Denim, Suits, Sweaters and Lingerie for top global fashion retailers. It acts as a strategic vendor for its key customers and has earned a number of awards for its outstanding performance in recent years.
- Bitopi Group employs over 14,000 people. Two of their factories are LEED Platinum certified, including RHL – the highest rated LEED Platinum garments factory in the world. The group produces trousers, denim, outerwear for H&M, Benetton, Decathlon, Zara, Lidl, Pro-mod, VF Corp etc.
- Dekko Group comprises 17 operating companies in five business sectors – export-oriented readymade garments, garments accessories, paints, and food. Dekko’s brands are available in nearly 40 countries.
3) Furthermore, the upcoming exhibition will offer a unique panel of companies exhibiting their top products and best practices centered around the main theme of the Expo, representing the full denim supplying chain, with 42 denim mills, along with a selection of garment manufacturers, fiber and yarns suppliers, chemicals suppliers, machinery producers and washing and laundry companies.
The international reach of the show is once again reinforced, especially thanks to the improved partnership with the world renowned Italian laundry and dyeing company Tonello Garment Finishing Technologies, which is going to attend the show with a special Denim Gallery, displaying a range of products specifically finished for the show.
To quote the words of Bangladesh Denim Expo Founder and CEO, Md. Mostafiz Uddin “The vision of Bangladesh Denim Expo is to make Bangladesh a sourcing hub by creating a multinational gathering, exposing new business horizons and greater corporate opportunities for the entire denim value chain as well as enhancing the country’s image in the world.