Colloquia / Symposia
Aachen, Dresden and Denkendorf, together, are forming the 'textile triangle' of the future
Parallel to the International Textile Conference, the organizers respectively launch the German Textile Colloquium as a national equivalent with changing special themes in the spring.
This year’s partner country USA is represented by speakers among others in two plenary and three keynote lectures, presenting new technologies and developments. High-class presentations and posters will showcase national and international scientific achievements and results from the fields of high performance fibers and yarns, medical textiles and medical technologies, and composites for various applications.
In addition, ADD ITC and Forschungskuratorium Textil e.V. have organized a transfer session where achievements within the IGF-ZIM program will be summarized.
The research institutions in the Aachen, Dresden and Denkendorf regions invite all interested companies, research institutes, associations and students from all over the world to participate in the lively exchange of experiences, new ideas, and information at the Aachen-Dresden-Denkendorf International Textile Conference, held at the Kongresszentrum Liederhalle in Stuttgart.
For the plenary sessions, internationally renowned contributors offer insights into industry visions, trends, and innovations from the areas of research, automotive, medical technologies and composites.
The opening plenary session on Thursday ends with a panel discussion on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Walter Reiners-Stiftung. The chairman of the Foundation, Peter D. Dornier from Lindauer DORNIER GmbH, speaks with former prize winners of the VDMA Textile Machinery Foundation for young engineers.
The closing plenary session on Friday provides an outlook on the future of textile auxiliaries and gives impulses for the development of sustainable fibers.
IGF-ZIM Transfer Event: From Idea to Practice
The well-established IGF-ZIM Transfer Event “From Idea to Practice” will again be organized by the Forschungskuratorium Textil e.V.. Attendants will be introduced to selected successful products and methods developed in co-operation between researchers and industry representatives, and effectively realized by the industry.http://www.aachen-dresden-denkendorf.de/en/itc/:p]
- Prof. Dr. Raymond G. Boeman; IACMI – The Composites Institute, Knoxville, USA
- Prof. Dr. David Hinks; NC State University – College of Textiles, Raleigh, USA
- Eckhard Reese; Daimler AG, Mercedes Benz Werk Hamburg, Germany
- Dr. Pau Turon; B. Braun Surgical S.A., Barcelona, Spain
- Dr. Herbert Bachus; CHT R. Beitlich GmbH, Tübingen, Germany
- René Bethmann; VAUDE GmbH & Co. KG, Tettnang, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Martin W. King; NC State University, Raleigh, USA
- Mary Lynn Landgraf; OTEXA – Office of Textiles and Apparel, Washington, USA
- Dr. Tom Masselter; Universität Freiburg, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Felix L. Paulauskas; Oak Ridge National Laboratory/University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge, USA
- Dr. Andreas Schmidt; Hohenstein Institute, Bönnigheim, Germany
- Sven Torstrick; German Aerospace Center (DLR), Stade, Germany
- Dietrich Wienke; DSM Dyneema, Geelen, Netherlands